Saturday, January 12, 2013

Desert Hot Springs

Yesterday I went to March AFB to see the museum. Shirley went to the Living Desert Museum. I had hoped I could do both, but there just is not enough time. Having never been to March it was much better than expected. John, Ray, Dave and I were almost the only people there. The cold must be keeping the tourists away. Shirley said there were not many people at the Living Desert either.

The four of us met a 89 year old man named Ken Wright, who flew for the RAF and later for the US during WWII. We probably spent 1 1/2 hours listening to him. He had a million stories and answered a lot of questions for us. Fascinating! We also managed to look at most of the airplanes.

Our evenings, since Bakersfield have been spent watching the series "Downton Abby" which is on PBS on Sunday nights. We had never seen the series, now in it's third year, but thanks to DVD's we are quickly catching up. I guess you could say we are hooked.

Today, we went to lunch in Palm Springs and then saw the Follies. We almost opted out, but this years show was so much better than last time that we were glad we went. After lunch we had some extra time  so along with Cam and Marcia we toured the Art Museum. It is a beautiful building and has a lot to offer and was well worth the visit.

Evening saw us all gathered in the meeting room where we all ate pizza and visited and the girls played Joker and the guys watched the 49ers whip the Packers. Our two favorite teams because we live near San Francisco and visited the Packers stadium in '09.

No photos 'cause none were taken. It's sure cold here, but Lincoln, is to be 28 tonight. Funny, we left home to find warmer weather and have not found any. Yet!

Tomorrow will be a surprise, 'cause I have not looked at the schedule yet. Need to get propane and go shopping so probably will find time for that as well as finding new stuff to see.

See Ya! Barry and Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment