Thursday, May 3, 2012

"THE" Downs

Today we left for our tour and I must say it's getting hotter and certainly more humid. Our Fantastic Vents in our trailer are to close when it rains, well they sometimes think it's raining. We first had a tour of Churchill Downs after seeing what could be a great movie. The movie is "in the round" meaning it is all around you so therefore it's disjointed. If they would listen to me I could make it great.

Ready for a day at the races.

Probably one of the most famous places in the world.


Getting ready for our big day.

One of the rare times the place is empty.

Old but very pretty.

This is very serious stuff.

We WON!
Anyway the tour was fun, and very interesting, but hot. I think we were all surprised at just how big the whole place is. Plus, it's a very big deal here. After a hurried lunch we went to our boxes for an afternoon of racing.

We had a great day and of course we won big. We needed an armored car to take all of our winnings out of there.

Be evening, I had had so much excitement that I was a bit off my feed and Shirley and I came home, turned up the AC and slept through our GAM. We did wake up however in time for our tasting of Mint Juleps provided by the Buffalo Trace Distillery. These were our first Juleps and I do understand why and how they came about. They really cooled us down.

This followed by some bluegrass music performed by our own band. Then it was off to bed for real.

See Ya! Barry and Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment