Monday, February 20, 2012

Ft. Stockton to Junction, TX

We drove to Junction, TX to visit some California friends, Ed and Susan. We had not seen them since a Rally in 2010. Ed, we learned got a foot infection and was in the hospital as we drove toward Junction. Well he got home the day after we arrived so all ended well.

None of you knew that I had had a sinus infection before we left and had some side-effects from the antibiotic I took for it. Well, ever the optimist I thought I would improve. I didn't. So while at Junction I finally got ahold of my doctor and got some meds for the problem. It is a whole story, drives to "town" because his phone could not reach us. Yes, I'm much better, thank you.

Anyway, it rained the night of the 16th and if I had not had 4 wheel drive we may have been stuck in the mud 'til summer. Actually Ed has a tractor and could have pulled us out.

We had some good rain all the way to Schulenburg, TX our next stop.

The day we arrived.

Some of our view.

The Higgins trailer and shed for Ed and Susan's trailer.

The site of Ed and Susan's new house, to be built.

Happy Hour site.

Harold, Ed and Susan.

We made tracks, the mud dries like cement.

Oh yeah, the door mat.

Mud was washed off at an auto-wash.

Don't take that!


Now we are off to Schulenburg.

See Ya! Barry and Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment