Thursday, April 7, 2011

Biloxi, MS

We were parkers at Cajun RV Park in Biloxi. The park is right across the street from the gulf and it seems so strange to see sea gulls and all the things I associate with California. Sunny and nice today, even got sunburned.

Glad we were not here last night. The storm we were in at Baton Rouge was violent enough for us. Cloud to ground lightening, thunder and tons of rain. The people here in Biloxi got to spend the evening in a shelter and a tornado hit ground just 6 miles away. Forecast is for fair weather until next Monday.

Shirley and I stayed home this evening, I was very tired. Helping park some of the older folks is hard work.

April 6th, Wednesday, we toured the last home of Jefferson Davis. It is called Beauvoir, beautiful scene. He literally died as a man without a country and I suppose you could feel sorry for him, but he did make the choice. Anyway we heard a lot of sympathy for him, and I'll leave it at that.

Remember Katrina? This is now the visitor center.

This is to replace the visitor center, looks like the one Katrina destroyed.

His view except the beach was not there in Davis' day.

Now you know.

Davis.

Not too bad for a building that was destroyed just 6 years ago.

The child on the right was his child who died during the war. The child on the left was an adopted slave who was being beaten by his owner. Davis said slave owners did not beat their slaves. Go figure. 

This evening we had our banquet and said our goodbyes to everyone. What was best was we will see almost everyone the next two years so goodbye was easier than usual.

Now Shirley and I are on our own. Stay tuned to see what mischief we can get into on our way home.

See Ya! Barry and Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment